Berkshire Half Marathon
Sunday • October 8, 2023
Race Start Time:
- 8:00 AM
- $85 – Individual
- $45/person – 2 Person Relay Team
- 250 | Individual runner field limit
- 50 | 2 Person Relay Team field limit
- There is an online processing fee. NO REFUNDS/DEFERMENTS
Out and back 6.55 mile course on the Ashuwillticook Rail Trail. Race starts and finishes at the Crane Ave trail head.
- Technical long sleeve shirt to all runners (sizes not guaranteed)
- Finisher medals
- Finish party featuring Wandering Star Brewery and Adams Pizza House, raffles and much more!
2023 Race Info
Directions / Parking / Shuttles / Baggage
The Half Marathon starts and finishes at the end of the Ashuwillticook Rail Trail, 850 Crane Ave, Pittsfield, MA. Parking is available at the Allendale Shopping Center, located 500 yards from the start/finish.
PLEASE PARK IN DESIGNATED AREA ONLY
AS OTHER BUSINESSES ARE OPEN DURING THE EVENT AND WE DO NOT WANT TO USE THEIR VALUABLE SPACES.
Packet Pick Up
Berkshire Running Center
5 Cheshire Rd Suite 119
Pittsfield, MA 01201
- Friday, October 6th from 12:00 pm-4:00 pm
- Saturday, October 7th from 12:00 pm-4:00 pm
- Sunday, October 8th from 6:00 am-7:00 am at Berkshire Running Center
Runners will receive an additional 10% off their purchase at BRC with their race bib on October 6 & 7.
2 Person Relay
First runner of 2 Person Relay will start and follow the rail trail north for 6.55 miles to the relay exchange, and turn around point, where they will hand off a wristband to the second runner who will return to the finish.
- Wrist band must be worn at all times during race by each runner.
- We strongly suggest relay teams share rides to and from the hand-off point due to limited parking around this exchange location. Allocated parking spots will be saved and their locations will be emailed to participants prior to the event.
Course Time Limits
The time limits on the course are set to comply with the road closures. Our permits allow us to have the road closure for 3 hours from the race start. Support on the course and the clocks will end promptly at 11:00 am for all participants.
Headphones, Strollers, Wheelchairs/Dogs
The Ashuwillticook Rail Trail is not closed to the public during this event.
- Runners MUST be aware that there will be others on the trail, cyclists, skaters, etc.
- Headphone are potentially hazardous on a bike path as you are limiting your ability to be aware of what is around you, course marshals, bikes, and other traffic. For reasons stated we discourage the wearing of headphones.
- Wheelchairs and other disabled push strollers are welcomed. To help accommodate your needs, please contact us and let us know you are coming and we can help with any accommodations you require.
- Please. Baby strollers are not allowed.
- Dogs are not allowed.
Toilets and Water Stops
There will be porta-potties at the start, as well as the state restrooms at the trail start and Farnum’s Crossing. There will be water stops at Miles 2, 4, 6, with Gu Brew from miles 4-6.
Please Share with your Spectators
The best place to watch and cheer your runners is at the many road crossings along the course.
The most ideal spot to see your runner will be at the closed lots of the first entrance to the Berkshire Mall on Rt 8. This is ideal for a long look at your runner, a perfect photo op. Once you see them you will have ample time to get to the car and drive to the finish line. Due to the limited accessibility to the trail, and in order to provide the runners with the safest experience, spectators will be strongly discouraged from going onto the trail between Crane Ave and the finish line.
SPECATATORS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CROSS THE FINISH LINE AND ENTER THE CHUTE TO FOLLOW THEIR RUNNER
Please kindly understand this will be strongly enforced. To ensure you can get to your runner after they cross the line, be on the Crane Avenue side of the finish line.
The awards ceremony will take place at 11:00 am sharp. YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN ANY RAFFLES.
No refunds under any circumstances, including event cancellation or postponement. Events are planned and paid for months in advance of the actual date. IF our event is canceled or postponed because of weather, pandemics, or other forces beyond our control, we won’t be able to provide refunds. In these rare situations, we’ll convert the race to a virtual one and mail you your full race goodie bag. Due to regulations changes may be made to the course or race details for the safety of our participants and staff. Any changes will be communicated prior to the event via email, on our social media platforms, and on our website.
In October, the Berkshire Half Marathon is held on the Ashuwillticook Rail Trail. The proceeds from this sold-out event is donated to the municipal fund established for the City of Pittsfield by Berkshire Running Foundation. The fund’s goal is to maintain the local portion of the rail trail ensuring this incredible, recreational resource serves Berkshire county and its residents for years to come.